Welcome to Tasmanian Canoe Club
Tasmanian Canoe Club is situated on the banks of the Forth River, Wilmont Rd, Forth, Tasmania and caters for members of all abilities from beginner through to advanced paddler.
With a rich history of paddler development, our club has hosted many Australian school’s championships, and many of our members have gone on to represent at a State, National and International level wth literally thousands of paddlers honing their skills at the club over the last 48 years.
Our current focus
While we support (and love) all forms of canoeing and kayaking, our current focus is on recreational whitewater paddling. Our course at Forth is a great place to learn how to paddle, and we are blessed to be surrounded by world class rivers from grade 1-3 right through to grades 4-5. Most of our rivers here in Tasmania require seasonal run off to paddle them, so local knowledge is a must as is participating in our sport safely.
Whitewater canoeing and kayaking can be a dangerous but exciting sport which should never be done alone. Being part of a club like Tasmanian Canoe Club gives you the opportunity to learn and participate in this great sport surrounded by experienced paddlers who can teach you and friends who will encourage you to do your best. There’s so many ways to get involved including:
- Learn to paddle sessions – beginners
- Recreational paddling – beginners
- Under 3 Whitewater trips – beginner to intermediate
- Grade 4 Whitewater trips – by invitation only
- The Lea Extreme Race – by entry only
Please note trips and sessions do not run all year – please check our Facebook Page for Current Events
- Lea Race coaching May 28, 2021What? Wanna kick some ass!? Wanna chance to win big money!? Learn some tips to improve your performance at the Lea Extreme Race. Also suitable for boaters who just want coaching on how to safely tackle the Lea and nail a boof. When? Sunday 8 August, 9am – 3pm Where? Meet at the paddock at […]
- Placky boater slalom coaching May 28, 2021Slalom coaching What? Slalom coaching for plastic boaters with the aim of improving river running technique, precision paddling and efficiency. When? Saturday 7 August, 10am – 4pm Where? Mersey River slalom course. Who? Thisrn course is aimed at anyone who can handle themselves on the Mersey and rnwould like some slalom specific coaching that is […]
- Whitewater Packraft Instructor/Guide Course (NEW) May 28, 2021June 26 and 27, 2021 This new course will be run by Mark Oates and Dan Hall. The holder of this qualification has demonstrated the skills and knowledge to guide and instruct groups of novices on day based activities in Packrafts on Grade 2 Whitewater The course will cover the following: Prepare appropriate craft and […]
- Advanced Skills Kayak Coaching May 3, 2021It’s happening again folks! Last years advanced skills coaching course was a huge success leaving everyone asking for more, so here it is again! We have some fantastic coaches coming along, many of whom have represented Australia in their various disciplines and all with a great variety of skills and attributes to share. This year […]
- Whitewater River Rescue 2; May 22 – 23, 2021 Apr 4, 2021Whitewater Rescue Level 2 Course May 22-23, 2021, Upper Mersey Paddle Tasmania will conduct a Whitewater River Rescue Course at the Upper Mersey on the weekend of May 22 and 23, 2021. The course will commence at 9.00 am at the Slalom Course. This course is suitable for people with some experience in paddling whitewater […]
- Tokyo Medal Hopeful Jessica Fox Wraps Up 2021 Pre-Olympic World Cup Series with Three-Medal Haul Jun 20, 2021WK1 Gold and a WC1 4th for Jessica Fox at 2021 ICF Canoe Slalom World Cup #2 (Markkleeberg/Leipzig, Germany, 18-20 June 2021) Australia’s most successful canoe slalom paddler of all time Jessica Fox will head into the Tokyo Olympic Games with two 2021 World Cup gold and one World Cup bronze added to her name, […]
- Jessica Fox Wins Women’s K1 Gold on Day 2 of ICF Canoe Slalom World Cup #2 Jun 19, 2021Australia’s Jessica Fox stunned the international canoe slalom world on the second day of the 2021 ICF Canoe Slalom World Cup #2 in Markkleeberg, Germany, when she took home the win in the women’s K1, in a race that was titled as ‘out of this world’ by her competitors. Fox, who kicked-off the pre-Olympic World […]
- Hot Racing on Opening Day of 2021 ICF Canoe Slalom World Cup #2 Jun 18, 2021Jess Fox, Lucien Delfour, Dan Watkins and Noemie Fox progress to next round of racing The summer heat arrived in Germany and so did some hot Aussie World Cup racing with all of Australia’s Tokyo bound canoe slalom paddlers progressing straight through to Saturday’s and Sunday’s semi-finals on the opening day of the 2021 ICF […]
- 2021 PA Canoe Sprint Championships – Newsletter 8 Jun 16, 2021NEWSLETTER 8 15 June 2021 Dear Canoe Sprint Community, Four weeks ago, Paddle Australia (PA) in conjunction with Paddle South Australia (PSA) hosted the 2021 Paddle Australia (PA) Canoe Sprint Championships (Sprint Championships) from 19-23 May at the incredible West Lakes in Adelaide, South Australia. PA wishes to say THANK YOU to everyone involved including […]
- Jessica Fox adds C1 Gold to K1 Bronze at Canoe Slalom World Cup 1 Jun 13, 2021Jessica Fox (NSW), Australia’s greatest canoe slalom paddler of all time, left a mark ahead of the Tokyo Olympic Games over the weekend, taking home gold and bronze at the 2021 ICF Canoe World Cup 1 in Prague (11-13 June 2022). The dual Olympic medallist, who also celebrated her 27th birthday on the weekend, won […]